Wide variety of media, including; journals, peer reviewed papers, books and TV.
Authored published papers
RIBA Client Adviser case study, Crossrail, London.
Case study about client delivery of lifecycle value at nine central London stations
- • Development of line wide station fit out requirements, including drawings, models, mock ups and full scale prototyping and testing; services in support of contractor delivery of certain lifecycle usability, safety and line wide design consistency.
Published online by Royal Institute of British Architects. London.
Client Advice and Technical Services to Chief Engineer’s Group.
Technical paper about Client advice and technical services for outcome value and certainty
- • Paper explores the value of, and learning from client advice and technical services provided to Crossrail’s Chief Engineer’s Group (CEG) by Linewide Framework for central London stations.
Institution of Civil Engineers Journal, London. Crossrail Project ‘Infrastructure design and construction, Volume 5’.
Reviewer published papers
Benefits of Contractor Prototyping: GFRC Cladding on Crossrail
Authors: Jim Abatti, Jorrin ten Have. Peer reviewer: George Stowell
- • Client and contractor development through prototyping of 50,000m2 of glass fibre reinforced concrete station tunnel linings at five Crossrail stations for technical risk, supply chain engagement, quality management, requirements’ compliance and outcome certainty.
SNC Lavalin Technical Journal, 2020. Montreal. p.70, and
Crossrail, Learning Legacy suite:
- • Open House, London. 100 of the Most Extraordinary Buildings in London, 2012. George Stowell Chartered Architect, The Sports Canopy, National Tennis Centre, London.
- • Norman Foster Works 6. Prestel, 2013. Team credit for Her Majesty’s Treasury, London.
- • A Review of UK architects and their buildings. The Architects’ Publishing Partnership Ltd., 2012. George Stowell Chartered Architect, Sports Canopy, The National Tennis Centre, p,21.
- • The Sage Gateshead. Prestel, 2010. Team credit for The Sage, Gateshead.
- • Norman Foster Works 5. Prestel, 2009. Team credit for The Sage, Gateshead.
- • Fusion, Exhibition of Industrial Design, Nicholas Grimshaw and Partners, 1998. Image publication, p.135
- • Structure, Space and Skin. The Work of Nicholas Grimshaw & Partners. Phaidon, 1993. Team credit for Channel Tunnel Railway Terminal at Waterloo station, London.
- • Light Construction. The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1995. Image of first train into Channel Tunnel Railway Terminal at Waterloo station, London, p/93.
- • New London, 2011/2012,. NLA. Selection of best new projects in the capital, p/58.
- • Architects Journal, October 2011. The Sports Canopy, London.
- • Building Magazine, March 2011. The Sports Canopy, London.
- • Leisure Design + Build, June 2011. The Sports Canopy, London.
- • Structural use of glass in construction, The Institution of Structural Engineers, 1st Ed., 1999. Image, curved roof at Waterloo International, Fig. 2.25.
- • au Journal , Japan, 1995. Waterloo International Terminal.
- • Access by Design, The Journal of the Centre for Accessible Environments, Issue 63, 1994. Waterloo International Terminal case study.
- • British Cement Association, 1994. Waterloo International Terminal: Case study for use of pre-cast and in-situ concrete finishes in buildings.
- • Independent. June 2008. Top architects tell all: George Stowell.
- • Guardian. June 2007. ‘I’m glad I sold the plane’, Interview with Alex James.
- • AJ Buildings Library. Sports Canopy, The National Tennis Centre, London.
- • New Consumer TV. April 2008. Green architect in the house.