Client advice and technical service.
Advisory and leadership roles for large clients, including:
- Crossrail, Line wide stations, London, with Atkins Grimshaw, Maynard GIA Equation Arup;
- Transport Infrastructure Ireland, Technical Adviser for Dublin Metrolink;
- Atkins / HS2, exploring the value of line wide components for consistent line wide fit out;
- Canary Wharf Crossrail over site commercial and park development, design management:
- The Tennis Foundation, London. Prototype urban tennis canopy for use across UK.
Lead architect, masterplanner, client adviser.
Designer and Client Adviser for variety of client types, including:
- Sports Canopy, National Tennis Centre, Lawn Tennis Association, innovative structure;
- Client adviser to London Borough of Ealing for Pitzhanger Manor Walpole Park project;
- RIBA Sustainability and Client Adviser Committee member;
- CABE Enabler and Design Adviser to London Borough of Islington.
George Stowell sets up practice in London.
George began practice in 2005 after seven years at Foster + Partners in their London studio working on three ground breaking projects:
- HM Treasury, Westminster, London, UK. Refurbishment of Grade 2* Listed office building.
- The Sage Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, UK. New international standard music centre.
- Santa Giulia, Milan, Italy. Medium rise housing scheme with masterplan for urban developer.
CROSSRAIL LINEWIDE STATIONS.
Framework lead on integrated client advice and technical service team supporting Crossrail’s Chief Engineer’s Group setting line wide fit out requirements, developing and accepting compliant construction at nine stations.. Published two technical papers.
NATIONAL TENNIS CENTRE, LONDON.
Multi-award winning, world’s first airbeam structural type canopy for tennis player development and practice certainty on clay courts at the Lawn Tennis Associations national centre for tennis development. Winner of BCIA and ICE Awards, 2011.
CANARY WHARF CROSSRAIL PLACE.
Management role for Adamson Associates working with Foster + Partners on complex station oversite scheme, including innovative urban park, retail and commercial offer to Canary Wharf Group’s exacting standards.
PITZHANGER MANOR WALPOLE PARK.
Client advice services at strategic planning and community engagement phase; guiding enhanced outcome value through project brief that included heritage park and manor as one asset. Project successfully opened, 2019.
Outline and Concept Design to visualise your requirements; providing the drawn and modelled information on which functionality, cost, build timescale and safety can be defined.
Realising the concept in technical drawings, computer models, mock ups and prototypes; proving the concept for procurement and for your contractor to make, build and complete.
INDEPENDENT CLIENT ADVICE
Independent professional advice and assurance for commissioning client and sponsor to assist in project set up, supporting the business plan, strategic brief, requirements definition for construction and lifecycle value.
Advice and collaborating to write your brief, define requirements and identify outcomes that add value through the intended project.
SITE STAGE SERVICES
Supporting client and contractor, including extended supply chain in the making, installing and verifying that building elements meet design and technical requirements to completion and handover.
GEORGE STOWELL RIBA
© George Stowell Ltd. 2005 - 2020 | v.10.20