Client adviser, technical services and lead architect.
Advisory, design and leadership roles for:
- Crossrail, Line wide design, London, with Atkins Grimshaw, Maynard GIA Equation; read here.
- Transport Infrastructure Ireland, Technical Adviser for Dublin Metrolink;
- Atkins / HS2, exploring the value of line wide components for consistent station fit out;
- Canary Wharf Crossrail over-site retail and park development, design management; read here.
- The Tennis Foundation, London. Prototype urban tennis canopy design for use across UK.
Lead architect, client adviser.
Designer and Client Adviser for variety of client types, including:
- Sports Canopy, National Tennis Centre, Lawn Tennis Association, innovative structure; read here.
- Client adviser to London Borough of Ealing for Pitzhanger Manor Walpole Park project;
- RIBA Sustainability and Client Adviser Committee member;
- CABE Enabler and Design Adviser to London Borough of Islington.
George Stowell sets up practice in London.
George began practice in 2005 after seven years at Foster + Partners in their London studio:
- HM Treasury, Westminster, London, UK. Refurbishment of Grade 2* Listed office building;
- The Sage Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, UK. New international standard music centre;
- Santa Giulia, Milan, Italy. Masterplan with mixed-use scheme for new suburban urban zone.
CROSSRAIL LINEWIDE STATIONS.
Framework lead on integrated client advice and technical service team supporting Crossrail’s Chief Engineer’s Group setting line wide fit out requirements, developing and accepting compliant construction at nine stations. For publications, read here.
NATIONAL TENNIS CENTRE, LONDON.
Multi-award winning, world’s first airbeam structural type canopy for tennis player development and practice certainty on clay courts at the Lawn Tennis Associations national centre for tennis development. Winner of BCIA and ICE Awards, 2011. Read more here.
CANARY WHARF CROSSRAIL PLACE.
Technical management role for Adamson Associates working with Foster + Partners on station over-site scheme, including urban park, retail and commercial offer to Canary Wharf Group’s exacting standards. Read more here.
PITZHANGER MANOR WALPOLE PARK.
Client advice services at strategic planning and community engagement phase; guiding enhanced outcome value through project brief that included heritage park and manor as one asset. Project successfully opened in 2019.
Outline and Concept Design to visualise your requirements; providing the drawn and modelled information on which functionality, cost, build timescale and safety can be defined.
EVIDENTIAL TECHNICAL DEVELOPMENT
Realising and proving the concept in technical drawings, computer models, mock ups and prototypes; for procurement, risk management, construction consistency and quality in meeting outcome requirements.
INDEPENDENT CLIENT ADVICE
Independent advice and assurance for commissioning client and sponsor to assist in project set up, supporting the business plan, strategic brief, requirements’ definition for user benefit, construction and lifecycle value.
Advice and collaborating to write your brief, define requirements and identify outcomes that add value through the intended project.
SITE STAGE SERVICES
Supporting client and contractor, including extended supply chain in the making, installing and verifying that building elements meet design and technical requirements to completion and handover.
GEORGE STOWELL RIBA
© George Stowell Ltd. 2005 - 2020 | v.11.21