Client advice, technical services and lead architect.
- Crossrail, London, with Atkins Grimshaw, Maynard GIA Equation Arup, 2013 - present
- Transport Infrastructure Ireland, Technical Adviser for Dublin Metrolink, 2018 - present;
- Atkins / HS2, exploring the value of linewide components for consistent station fit out, 2017.
- The Tennis Foundation, London. Prototype urban tennis canopy for use across UK, 2014.
- Canary Wharf Crossrail over site commercial and park development, technical management, 2012.
- Lawn Tennis Association’s Sports Canopy, National Tennis Centre, innovative structure, 2006 - 2011.
- Client adviser, London Borough of Ealing for Pitzhanger Manor Walpole Park project, 2006 - 2012.
- RIBA Sustainability and Client Adviser Committee member, 2006 - 2012.
- CABE Enabler and Design Adviser to London Borough of Islington, 2007 - 2010.
- George Stowell sets up practice in London after six years’ in Foster + Partners London studio., 2005.
RIBA Chartered practice : RIBA Accredited Client Adviser : Registered Architect in Ireland.
Selected clients, projects and chronology since practice origin in 2005 …
Crossrail Linewide Stations, London.
Framework Manger for Atkins’ on client advice and technical service team for Crossrail’s Chief Engineer’s Group.
National Tennis Centre, London.
World’s first demountable airbag technology for clay court coverings providing year round training certainty.
Sports Canopy Prototype, UK.
Concept design for use of deployable winter use diagrid Airbeam structural technology over tennis courts.
Urban Tennis Court Shelter, UK.
Feasibility design and cost plan with Faithful and Gould for low cost prototype tennis court canopy.
Waldemar Road, Fulham, London.
Completed refurbishment and garden extensionto create light and usable family space on tight London site.
Canary Wharf Crossrail Place, London.
Technical management role for Adamson Associates working with Foster + Partners on station over-site scheme.
Project set up - RIBA Stage 0 to 1.
Independent advice to support the business plan and strategic brief. Requirements’ definition for user benefit and lifecycle value.
Client Briefing - RIBA Stage 1.
Advice and collaborating to write your brief and expand requirements into a form that can be utilised by the design team. Identify outcomes that add value through the intended project, providing strategy and metrics to support client and full project team to deliver outcomes.
Feasibility and Planning - RIBA Stages 2 to 4.
Providing concept and Planning submission, with defined requirements of functionality, cost, build timescale and safety.
Technical development - RIBA Stages 3 to 5.
Proving the concept in technical drawings, computer models, mock ups and prototypes; for procurement, risk benefit and construction.
Site Services - RIBA Stage 5.
Supporting client and contractor, including extended supply chain in the making, installing and verifying that building elements meet design and technical requirements.
George Stowell MA MRIAI RIBA
Director and Principal
© George Stowell Ltd. 2005 - 2020 | v.11.22 | June 2020
George Stowell is the trading name of George Stowell Limited. Registered address 20 - 22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU.
Registered in England and Wales No. 08337669.